Val-Mar Inc. (“Val-Mar,” “we” or “us”) is concerned about your privacy and the protection of your personal information. Val-Mar is committed to protecting your personal information collected during your use of the val-mar.com website (the “website”) and to using it only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- SCOPE AND APPLICATION
- WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW INFORMATION IS STORED AND DISCLOSED
- HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CONTACT US
BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
The term “personal information” refers to information that, alone or in combination with other information, makes it possible to identify an individual, such as name, date of birth, email address and any other information that must be treated as “personal information” in accordance with applicable laws.
2. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Personal information that is collected and used is notably collected and used for the following purposes:
- Enable users to access and use the website properly;
- Process user requests, such as inquiries, orders, requests for quotes and requests for financing, and enable users to register for one of our initiatives;
- Address problems reported to us by users, particularly for troubleshooting, support, optimization, reviewing website security breaches and restoring lost data;
- Evaluate, optimize and improve the content and features of the website;
- Communicate with you regarding a request you made or your experience with our services, products or website;
- Email you information, offers and other communications regarding our products, services and initiatives to the extent permitted by applicable laws;
- Provide you with advertising content, notably through retargeting, and improve the content of our advertisements and website so that they are more tailored and relevant to the public;
- Track your use of the website’s features.
We use personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
3. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In addition, when you visit the website, we may place a data file on your device, such as a cookie, pixel tags (very small graphics) or a similar file. These files allow us to store certain information about your use of the website, including the date of your most recent visit, the pages you visited and the files you downloaded. This allows us to tailor the website to better meet the interests and preferences of our users. These files may also be used by Val-Mar for targeted marketing purposes in order to show you content or advertisements that we deem likely to interest you based on your browsing behaviour on the website. You have the option to disable these cookies in the future if you wish by changing your browser’s settings.
Val-Mar may also collect certain personal information about you, which may include, as the case may be, your full name, mailing address, email address and telephone number, which you voluntarily provide when using features of the website such as when making inquiries and requests for quotes, when registering for one of our initiatives or when informing us of any problems with the website or the services or products provided by Val-Mar.
4. HOW INFORMATION IS STORED AND DISCLOSED
Val-Mar stores personal information for a reasonable period of time to provide you with proper access to the website, to fully respond to your requests and/or process your orders or to fulfill stated purposes, or in accordance with law, whichever is longer. After this period, we ensure that the personal information is depersonalized or destroyed to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside Val-Mar without your consent, except to the following third parties and only if they have implemented appropriate security safeguards to ensure at least the same level of security as we do:
- Any entity resulting from a merger, corporate reorganization or change of control of Val-Mar, in whole or in part, only if the parties have signed an agreement stipulating that the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to the objectives of the business transaction;
- Any public authority if required by law, or to defend our rights, or otherwise in accordance with the law. If Val-Mar is required to disclose information or provide a copy of such information to a government agency in accordance with law or court order, Val-Mar will attempt to give you prior notice to the extent permitted by law.
5. HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
All data is stored on servers with high-level security standards and is protected against improper use and access by unauthorized persons. We strive to maintain the necessary physical, administrative and technical security measures in place at our offices and data storage centres. The information is only made available to individuals (employees or agents) who need access to the information in order to carry out their duties.
Val-Mar uses reasonable means to protect personal information received when you use the website. More specifically, Val-Mar uses technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as from unauthorized access and disclosure, both internally and externally to our organization. However, no security mechanism is perfect, and you should be aware that there is always a risk of a security breach. Val-Mar disclaims any liability should any such information about you be disclosed, except in the event of negligence on the part of Val-Mar. It should be noted that, in order to reduce security breach risks, no credit card information is stored on the servers used to host the website.
All data collected in connection with your use of the website is generally stored on servers located in Canada. However, the data may be processed by Val-Mar’s third-party service providers located outside of Canada to enable them to carry out work on behalf of Val-Mar. In the latter case, Val-Mar takes reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties are bound by appropriate guarantees.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to know the purpose for which Val-Mar collects and processes your personal information, as well as the right to access, update and correct such information. You may withdraw your consent to Val-Mar’s use and storage of your personal information at any time. In such a case, however, you may no longer be able to use certain features of the website.
8. CONTACT US
12775 Brault Street
Mirabel, Québec J7J 0C4
We will make every effort to handle your request promptly.